Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Wheel of Time keeps turning and turning...

I came across an article saying that Universal pictures have optioned Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time series.

Not much other info came from the article, but it would be interesting to see how someone would interpret this seemingly never ending epic tale of fantasy.

I am on the fence for this one. I enjoyed the first half of the series (up to book 8) but as I think about it more, I am not sure if I want to watch a movie, or series of movies, with overbearing women and whining, angst-riddled boys. Of course, it's got some great moments and Jordan created a wonderful world. I'm just not sure if I want to see that movie...but I so do! It's difficult to say.

Of course, it's not like these books haven't been picked up before. There was talks before about a miniseries...but we never saw it see the light of day.

Perhaps I should start thinking at the potential casting. Rabscuttle had such a fun time with her casting picks for the new King of Kong movie...you can check it out here!

No comments: