Thursday, July 31, 2008

Virtual Bookworms at LibraryThing.com!

I just discovered a site that has been around for a while...http://www.librarything.com/. It is really neat because it appeals both to my OCD as well as my bookworm side.

Finally I have a little place on the interwebs to house a listing of our huge and eclectic book collection. I have always dreamt of finally listing what I own somewhere but never could find the right medium. (Databases would have been good but I like seeing the book covers, and I didn't even want to think of a card catalogue.)

One thing I really like is that you can assign "tags" to your books that help you label and classify each book in your own fashion. For example, I can classify my book of Milton's Paradise Lost as "high falutin'" if I wish.

And there is even a cute little widget I can add to my blog to show off random books in my collection. What can be better than that?

If you love books as much as I do, you should check this site out!

No comments: